cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was given a new unwanted number when I got new contract ..now being charged despite never used

Angelwings33
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

my old contract was up and I found a good deal online.  O2 mistakenly sent me a new mobile number so that at one point I had two phone numbers on my account!  I contacted them immediately and explained there had been a mistake as I only wanted my own original number but on the new contract.

It all became unnecessarily complicated with my being told they would have to cancel the new contract in order to cancel the new phone number & for me to take out another contract and retain my own original number.

I did as advised by 02 and assumed all was in order.  However, I have just received my bill and see they are charging me for the phone number which was never used!!  It has disappeared from my account as I requested but I see they are charging me for the period between it being incorrectly allocated to me and being removed.  I stress this number was NEVER used and 02 admitted it was allocated in error.

any advice gratefully received.

thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Angelwings33 

Another almighty balls up by customer services who appear to be paid in peanuts these days.

All that was required was a number migration Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

You will now need to talk to payment management 

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 who’ll find a solution that’s right for you.
Payment Management opening hours:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Angelwings33
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much MI5 👍. I will definitely call payment management later or tomorrow as the people I was dealing with about the new contract made a right royal mess of it all by saying I needed a PAC code & then sending me a SIM card (which I never used as I knew I wanted to keep my own number which I’ve had for years - which is precisely what I told them) 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

customer service are an absolute joke as it transpired that one of the people on the phone who had asked me for the PAC code and I was told later by another representative that the details were being used by a staff member.  Unbelievable really. ☹️👎

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

It really is very worrying sometimes @Angelwings33 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4