Did you mean: 

I’ve been trying to close my account since April

Aniarchia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I’ve been trying to close my account with O2 since April this year. In May I left the country and my case haven’t been resolved ever since.

I’ve tried live chat on their website (completely ignored), tried calling them multiple times (been told that I will get a confirmation and my account will be closed in a month - it never happened), I used Resolver to make a complaint for them to listen to me - I thought this worked because they called me and apologized but nothing happened after this conversation, I’ve sent them an email with explanation 2 weeks ago and still waiting for a reply. I canceled my direct debit as I am no longer using my account abroad and I thought then they will notice me and finally help me with closing my account.

I feel completely powerless, don’t know what else to do.

I’ve spoken to multiple advisors who promised me that my account will be closed, but it looks like they all lied. I feel that I ran out of options. I don’t have the uk number anymore, they are sending me threats now via email about extra payments, but no one replies to my messages or emails. I can proof for everything I say and I documented everything that happened since April.

Do any of you know how do I resolve this case, who do I contact to finally finish this case and stop stressing about it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123004 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Aniarchia 

You need to persever with O2 I'm afraid.

Call 202 from your mobile or 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 or 0800 032 1402 

If you have no access to a phone then use Skype to call 0800 032 1402 #skype guide

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling,

Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

Calling from abroad is free and the number is +44 7860 980 202

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

dlui88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hope O2 Customer Service support staff is following this post. I need help to close my pay monthly account as I have migrated permanently and no longer need the UK number.

Message 3 of 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi this may help @dlui88 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 4