cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think O2 have lost me as a customer..

Anonymous
Not applicable
A couple of years ago I raved about O2, and I've been with them for ten years now.

But I've come to my latest upgrade date and asked what deals could be done on the iPhone, and been told they don't offer exclusive deals to existing customers, so that new customers don't complain and vice versa.

Well given that your deals are rubbish, data coverage hasn't worked properly in my area (which would be central London) for at least the past few months and in addition to you saturing your core business with useless products like O2 Money and the Joggler, I'm going to look elsewhere.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a customer forum, there are only up customers here. There is no room for manoeuvre on iPhone prices on any network as it is tightly controlled by Apple. (this is why iPhone prices are very similar on all networks)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
And I'm a customer. If they want to keep me, they can negotiate better deals with Apple, rather than expect me to pay through the nose slight_smile
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I wish you the best of luck. Though, I can't see them re-negotiating with Apple just for you.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive been with o2 for 10 years also and one of the reasons ive always stuck with them is because of the deals they give me to stay...

But unfortunatly, things have changed - not just with o2 and the iphone, but with all companies and all phones.. the deals just arent happening anymore. You might be lucky enough to get £5 knocked of your line rental with any other phone, but the deals of the past are long gone im afraid. I wasnt happy about it either, but theres no better deals to be had anywhere else. And o2 do have good customer service..
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally, I don't believe this situation will last - market forces will dictate otherwise. We shall see.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally, I don't believe this situation will last - market forces will dictate otherwise. We shall see.

Well people have been "waiting and seeing" since Summer 2008, so get comfy. grin

Networks don't negotiate with Apple because they will just remove the device from them, its their way or the highway.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently spoke with a friend about an upgrade deal that was offered to them with Orange. I told them to ask for her PAC number just to see what reaction she gets.

Suddenly, her minutes increased by 200, her texts became unlimited, her internet became unlimited, her push email became free and the £50 they wanted for the Blackberry 9700 was forgotten about. Not bad for £25 per month!

Having heard this, I am convinced that all networks are less than honest with their customers on initial approach.

Ring up and ask them for your PAC, see what happens.

Geez, having just looked at the price of iPhones, I find it unbelievable why anybody would want to pay that kind of money for a handset.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only thing I'd say is that if youy have been o2 for 10 years and you are definately going to get an iphone, don't leave O2 for the sake of leaving, its the same phone on whatever network, better the devil you know!
Message 9 of 9