cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I now have 2 mobile numbers shown on my account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I collected a new 5S from an O2 store yesterday, which had a new sim.

I already have a 4S but I'm selling that to a friend. I've setup the new phone but I have a new number. I have had my existing number for 20 years (yes really!) and I don't want to lose it. How can it be transferred over to replace the new number on the 5S sim?

Thanks, Phil

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Please remove your numbers to stop any possible spam. slight_smile

I've flagged the post for a mod to remove them in case you have gone off line.

I can't check as I'm a customer like you with no access to your account.

We are all customers here apart from a couple of site staff and mods.

If the process is ongoing then it's a wait for approx 24 hours for it to complete.

You could ring customer services if you wish to confirm what's happening on your account.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I'm assuming you have upgraded and congratulations on getting hold of an iPhone 5s.

I surprised the shop didn't do this in store for you.

What you need to do is called a sim swap which transfers your current mobile number and tariff from your existing SIM card to a blank SIM card.

These can be picked up from any O2 shop or sent to you by speaking to Live chat. Be sure to ask for the correct size and account type. (Contract or Payg)

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/contactus

Or to O2 via Customer Services : 202 contract customers or 4445 Payg Customers.

Two ways to sim swap.

1st is to do this online via http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

2nd is to text SWAP to 20220

It takes from a few minutes to 24 hours approximately for your services to fully return. Usually turning your phone off and on throughout this period helps the reset.

The service will stop on your original micro SIM card first and then service will start on your new nano SIM card.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi BoB, thanks for the reply.

I was told by the guy in O2 shop to go to swapmysim, and I followed the instructions. However, when I input the serial no. of my new nano sim it told me there was already a swap ongoing for it? So is it actually going on, are you able to check for me please?

Cheers,

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Please remove your numbers to stop any possible spam. slight_smile

I've flagged the post for a mod to remove them in case you have gone off line.

I can't check as I'm a customer like you with no access to your account.

We are all customers here apart from a couple of site staff and mods.

If the process is ongoing then it's a wait for approx 24 hours for it to complete.

You could ring customer services if you wish to confirm what's happening on your account.
Message 4 of 4