Did you mean: 

I keep recieved the same SMS over and over

AlexanderMTTH
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 76 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Good morning all

For a few weeks, my SMSs have been duplicated and replicated quite a few times. I keep receiving the same SMS many times - the most was 29 times. These happened with most, if not all, of the numbers, which stopped at one point without any pattern. 

I have a Xiaomi 10S (or something between these lines). I replaced my SIM, but it didn't seem to help. I have not changed my phone, all is updated, and I use the standard SMS app, Messages from Google. I tried to speak to CUST SERVICE, but they are clueless, and I've changed the SIM based on some advice I read from a previous post here on this forum. 

What do you think? The only change is that I need WiFi Calling at work, with no coverage. I can't think of anything else - also, SMS duplication happens often. And something SMS are not send wither. I've disconnected and reconnected RCS - but that doesn't seem to solve anything. 

Does anyone have any ideas I could give a try to? 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@AlexanderMTTH 

It's a known issue.

This is the latest update from O2.

This is a known issue that's impacting select devices with a Mediatek chipset, such as the OPPO X5 Lite, Oppo Reno 8, Motorola G60s, OPPO A94 or OPPO A57s. Vendors are working on software updates to resolve these issues but these updates may arrive at different times, separate to one another.

For the OPPO X5 Lite the good news is we have just approved a new build with the SMS fix, so that will start rolling out within the next week or so.

For anyone experiencing a multiple SMS issue that's not one of the above devices or has a Mediatek chipset, this won't be a known issue and is unlikely to be related. In these cases I'd suggest getting in touch with our teams via Social Media so we can check into this further.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@AlexanderMTTH

You could try a different messaging app

We're just customers like you but it sounds as if you need someone to access your account which can't be done from here.

Give O2 a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 or 0800 032 1402 

Or you can message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), hopefully they should be able to help.

OR call Xiaomi customer service. Details here https://www.mi.com/uk/support/after-sales 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@AlexanderMTTH 

It's a known issue.

This is the latest update from O2.

This is a known issue that's impacting select devices with a Mediatek chipset, such as the OPPO X5 Lite, Oppo Reno 8, Motorola G60s, OPPO A94 or OPPO A57s. Vendors are working on software updates to resolve these issues but these updates may arrive at different times, separate to one another.

For the OPPO X5 Lite the good news is we have just approved a new build with the SMS fix, so that will start rolling out within the next week or so.

For anyone experiencing a multiple SMS issue that's not one of the above devices or has a Mediatek chipset, this won't be a known issue and is unlikely to be related. In these cases I'd suggest getting in touch with our teams via Social Media so we can check into this further.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

AlexanderMTTH
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 76 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff ! I've already been in touch with O2, but the advisor found it hard to understand the issue. 

Thank @MI5. This makes sense - thanks for sharing. I've now raised it with the manufacturer. They usually take a week to respond, and the last issues I had with a similar model (same manufacturer) were fixed within a month or two. 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Good luck @AlexanderMTTH 

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Best of luck with it @AlexanderMTTH 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6