cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a rolling contract sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay something like £16.23 a month plus any extras

I've always been under the assumption that I've been paying for data usage as 100MB has always been listed in my allowance but I've never used it

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy s3 mini and started using data

I've just been billed £25.40 and that appears to be extra for data usage

How can I be charged for using it when I'm already paying it?

Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just phoned o2 and took a flaky at the poor girl on the other end

Apparently even though I'm paying for data through my contract I'm still being charged for the privellage

I apoligised to her and asked to be put through to complaints but she offered to see if she could get me a better deal as I'm long overdue an upgrade

Got a much better offer with no hidden charges but have asked for the billing system to be more transparent so we can see what the contract includes and any hidden charges are laid out before we use anything

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
If your 100mb runs out, which it will do quite quickly your data will stop, so you can't be charged for extra data unless you purchase a bolt on.
The extra charges will be displayed in your "My O2" under the "Recent Charges" heading, so check in there what they are for.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Should have mentioned I'm no where near the limit

We've set it so I can't go over it without a warning

Would the automatic weather updates have something to do with it?

Message 3 of 28

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
Automatic weather updates will just use data out of your 100mb.
What does it say in your My O2 under recent charges exactly?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could look in your myo2 to see if theirs a better tariff for your needs or ring O2 on 202 and they will clarify and perhaps see if another tariff can be offered.

Smartphones use data in the background too to update apps and for location services etc.

You could turn off mobile data in your phones settings when in the vicinity of wifi to help save your data allowance.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 5 of 28

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
You could look in your myo2 to see if theirs a better tariff for your needs or ring O2 on 202 and they will clarify and perhaps see if another tariff can be offered.

Smartphones use data in the background too to update apps and for location services etc.

You could turn off mobile data in your phones settings when in the vicinity of wifi to help save your data allowance.

Let us know how you get on.

The OP hasn't used the 100mb yet........?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm aware of that now thank you.

I was writing my reply as they updated.

????
Message 7 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

85p for data

As far as I recall, and from what the bill says, I've used nothing outside my allowance

I don't understand where this extra charge is coming from

*confused*

Message 8 of 28

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
Jolly good slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ring customer services on 202 and they'll look into it for you. slight_smile
Message 10 of 28