cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't have an O2 account but I was charge £ 130

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I do not have any O2 account (I am using giffgaff). However, O2 have charged me for £ 130 as shown in my bank statement. As I do not have an O2 account / number, I would not have purchased anything from O2 to cost me £ 130.

Could someone please help me in this or advice me what I could do? I would really appreciate this.

Kar Leong

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Yes, it does seem like a stranger has been using my debit card details to purchase the O2 topups. I was not sure if there is any way to trigger the accidental O2 topup even if I do not have an account.   

I have already contacted my bank. They told me that they have taken the necessary actions, including reimbursing my money.

Thanks everyone.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Contact CS to inquire about the seemingly false charges http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

As advised contact O2 asap to discuss the situation.

I hope your not a victim of identity theft etc.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm not sure how you can be charged if you don't have a O2 account. Sounds like fraudulent top ups to me. Contact your bank and speak to the fraud department. O2 will be next to useless....

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

What is the description on your Bank statement?

Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Don't like the sound of this at all. Your bank is the only company that can help you with this. You must ring tham as soon as possible...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Yes, it does seem like a stranger has been using my debit card details to purchase the O2 topups. I was not sure if there is any way to trigger the accidental O2 topup even if I do not have an account.   

I have already contacted my bank. They told me that they have taken the necessary actions, including reimbursing my money.

Thanks everyone.

Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks everyone.

Did your bank infer that the fault was theirs or O2? I can't understand how this could happen. Our debit card details for top ups are meant to be totally secure...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the update.

Now your bank is aware of the problem I hope they resolve it asap.
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Most worrying 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10