Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am being charged for missed calls while abroad

AA9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

While abroad in zone 3 I have recieved a number of missed calls which I do not respond to. However my bill shows I have been charged £2. Please cancel the charges as I have not responded to the calls and it is listed as outbound calls on my bill

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36013 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

If the call went through to your O2 voicemail, the charges are genuine, @AA9. You need to contact O2 Customer Services directly, either via 202 or via Social Media - the link below has the ways to do that. Good luck!

Message 2 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Only way to stop that is making sure voicemail is turned off. The calls would have gone to your phone and what you are paying for is the redirect back to 

the UK.(hence outbound) Even if the caller does not leave a message, once voicemail kick in you will be charged.

I never have voicemail on when roaming

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Other option is to divert all calls to voicemail BEFORE you leave if you don't want to receive any call whilst away

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36013 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Customers have big problems trying to deactivate voicemail when overseas as the short codes won't work

Message 6 of 6