Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will I receive Final Bill?

BTN_EPS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I ported out of O2 yesterday and according the online help section, I should be able to still see my bills online in My O2 for the foreseeable... well, a quick search of this forum shows that's not the case! So I asked the Twitter team how I'm meant to get my final bill and they said that "it gets emailed to you". 

Does this sound right? Has anyone had a final bill recently from O2 and did they just send it as a PDF in an email to you? 

If I went to an O2 store in 14 days time (date final bill is due) would they be able to print it off for me? Can the store take a Debit Card payment for it!? 

I want to keep an eye out for it, as although I usually pay by Direct Debit, O2 have been a bit flakey with taking these sometimes, so I'm keen to pay it by debit card to make sure it's definitely received on time and doesn't result in a late payment marker on credit files etc.

Any experiences/advice welcome! Thanks all 😀

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@BTN_EPS 

Yes you will be sent it by email and payment is due 14 days after you receive it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@BTN_EPS 

Yes you will be sent it by email and payment is due 14 days after you receive it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

BTN_EPS
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great stuff, thanks @MI5 

O2 is funny at times, strange how they can email a PDF of the final bill but with normal billing they only ever send the "your bill's due, log in to see". Makes you wonder why they couldn't just email PDFs all the time! 

Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's always best to keep the direct debit in place until the final bill has been paid

It's rare for a direct debit to fail and to be honest I've never heard of O2 being flaky in regard to this

Message 4 of 10

BTN_EPS
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @jonsie - have left it in place to make sure it's there for when they want to take the payment! Normally I've paid by direct debit, but a couple of times I've paid by card online (which now I obviously can't do as account has been deleted) - my last payment was by card, this shouldn't make a difference to the final bill being requested by direct debit, should it? 

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@BTN_EPS 

As long as your DD is left in place they will take the final bill as normal.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

BTN_EPS
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you to you both - I know you're experts on this forum and your help is appreciated! 😊

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

You're welcome @BTN_EPS 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Dave75
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This was not true for me. I cancelled my account and ported my number to another provider and have not received a final bill after nearly a month. I have contacted customer services and they have no answer for me other than forwarding the wording on the website saying I will get a bill within 14 days of cancelling. Which has not happened so makes no sense. 

I was on the call to customer services for over 2 hours answering the same questions repeatedly. 

Hopefully others get the good service O2 used to provide. My experience however has been very poor.

Message 10 of 10