cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should it take to port my number from another provider?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've just got a contract with O2 and provided them with the porting code on Saturday. I was told that the number would be ported on Monday. My number was diconnectected by the other service provider (Vodafone) on Monday. By midday on Tuesday I was able to make calls and send texts from my O2 phone and they showed up as coming from my ported number. However, I could be contacted by text at all and was only able to be called by phones on the O2 network. On Wednesday support suggested a new sim. (I used another O2 sim in my phone and all worked properly). I have tried a new sim today (Thursday) and after an hour or so things have reached the same stage as described above. Is there a chance that the porting will be completed by O2 and how long should it take?I have now been three and a half days without being able to receive calls and texts. I'm beginning to regret joining O2.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Stuart1983 but I had already waited the 24 hours for it to complete and then another few hours after the replacement sim registration. I called support after 5 or 6 hours when it was obvious that the sim wasn't the problem They insisted on the 24 hour wait again.

However,I spoke to a very helpful lady in support this morning. She checked the porting status and spoke to second line support to try and resolve the problem. She filled out and submitted a "porting exception report" for action and said that all should be sorted out within 24 hours. Luckily it seems to have been sorted in about six hours. My thanks to the support lady who did such a good job.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

normally once you have ported your number it should take 24 hours for everything to become active, wait until the morning then contact cs on 202 from your pay monthly mobile or you could use the live chat function & speak to an online advisor. go to contact us at bottom of page, wait for live chat to come up then click on that

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Stuart1983 but I had already waited the 24 hours for it to complete and then another few hours after the replacement sim registration. I called support after 5 or 6 hours when it was obvious that the sim wasn't the problem They insisted on the 24 hour wait again.

However,I spoke to a very helpful lady in support this morning. She checked the porting status and spoke to second line support to try and resolve the problem. She filled out and submitted a "porting exception report" for action and said that all should be sorted out within 24 hours. Luckily it seems to have been sorted in about six hours. My thanks to the support lady who did such a good job.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

glad you got it sorted. sim swaps seem to be a nightmare, especially micro sim

Message 4 of 4