Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to fix a mast

Me16
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I first received my sim 10th July and since then I have had little to no network coverage.  Checking the service app I was told that there was a problem with the mast and that I would get an update in 2 days. 2 days later I get the same. 2 days after that I am told that an update will be 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I get the same again. Now 30 days later I have a phone plan that is unusable in the required location  and I have been told to use WiFi calling. Which does not make the phone very mobile. When will this issue be resolved in the dn22 area

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35768 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Mast repairs can take ages due to the need to coordinate with land owners for access, or get the ok to access a shared mast from other telcos, etc.

Download the My Network app, an O2 product, and set it up to monitor and report on areas you commonly access: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

And do keep in contact with O2 via Social Media, to keep them focussed on it.

As you are pay monthly, you can use WiFi calling, if you have a good home broadband WiFi connection and a compatible handset, @Me16 

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Get that My Network app set up and register on it (separate account from your Forum and MyO2 credentials, alas!).

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35768 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Mast repairs can take ages due to the need to coordinate with land owners for access, or get the ok to access a shared mast from other telcos, etc.

Download the My Network app, an O2 product, and set it up to monitor and report on areas you commonly access: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

And do keep in contact with O2 via Social Media, to keep them focussed on it.

As you are pay monthly, you can use WiFi calling, if you have a good home broadband WiFi connection and a compatible handset, @Me16 

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Get that My Network app set up and register on it (separate account from your Forum and MyO2 credentials, alas!).

Good luck!

Message 2 of 10

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6529 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1480 Solutions

I have the same here, but at least the signal is usable. Here EE and Three have the same problem as their towers are on private land and they are in dispute with the owner over rental.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 10

Me16
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Currently on day 109 and nothing has changed. Registered as recommended above, and all I get every 1-2 weeks is an update stating that they are working on it and it will be another 1-2 weeks. Feel this is incredibly bad communication and support from o2. And will be looking to leave ASAP once my contract is up. Unfortunately waiting for this yo be resoved has pushed me past the 14 day cooling iff period so i am now stuck with a none usable service at my own house. I get reasonable service approx 0.5 miles feom home but that does not work for me to make multiple calls whilst wotking from home. Is there anything else I can do in the interim  or am I stuck with this white elephant until Jul 2024?

Message 4 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Depending on your handset you could register for WiFi calling @Me16 ?

At least that ways calls would come through.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 10

Me16
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have wifi  alling but it does not aleays work. and i am tied of gettimg yhe o2 text stating i missed a call from someone

Message 6 of 10

gmarkj
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

You can try raising a complaint to see if there is anything they can do @Me16 ?

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Resolver seems to work quite well...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 7 of 10

Me16
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have raised a complaint and reached a deadlock already. Not particularly happy with o2 right now

Message 8 of 10

gmarkj
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

If you have reached deadlock then it might be worth going to the ombudsman to see if you can get out of the contract without penalty @Me16 .

It does seem daft that you have been without service for 109 days...

Message 9 of 10

Me16
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

been there, done that with no luck. apparently the fact that i can use a mobile with wifi calling etc in these locations means they are forfilling their duty in regards to providing that service. apart from the fact i need to use wifi from another company in order to do that.

still, only 621 days untill i can leave o2 for good

Message 10 of 10