cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do you have to have lived in the UK?

McZ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Trying to use the "upgrade" offer but I'm stuck at "how long have you lived here".

It's only accepting UK addresses and I've moved only 4 month ago. 

Is there a "time limit" for this?

TY

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@McZ 

Did you have a contract with O2 before? If so it shouldn't be a problem as people move house all the time. You probably would be better going instore with proof of ID and address.

You also may have to undergo a credit check.

You could also give customer services a call Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@McZ 

For new contracts it is generally a minimum of 3 years in the UK. Just give previous address also if you have recently moved.

If you are upgrading, there's no reason to give those details as O2 already have them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

McZ
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

3 Years huh? That'll explain that but (imho) not feasible to have a pay phone for 3 years. 

I have lived in Austria, Germany and the US. Never heard of a credit check requirement for a 20 bucks  cellphone plan (especially not for "fraud and money laundering protection" lol).

I'll stop by at a store, thanks! 

Message 4 of 6

McZ
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you!
Message 5 of 6

djbsuffolk
Level 9: Fired up
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Money laundering legislation is quite tough in the UK - it's just a standard part of getting credit I am afraid - it's more an identity check than they suspect you of money laundering!! 

Message 6 of 6