cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do end a contract (airtime costs) when you've finished paying device plan.

Arj9819
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is lengthy I apologise... I'm having a nightmare of a time trying to end my exs phone contract I've been paying for 2.5 years (hasn't even been used for 2 years both phone and sim are blocked) I finished paying the device plan off a few months ago, and I've been trying to end the contract (airtime bill) since with no luck😫 I've been using O2 online gurus to try and end it and after over several attempts they keep saying my security question is incorrect even though I've changed it 5+ times to the exact same answer wrote it down and taken pictures on someone else's phone so I know its not wrong, I even changed it to a completely different answer, again, took a photo and it's still wrong! Even went to an O2 shop for advice and they didn't even let me finish my sentance before saying they can't help end my phone contract I have to call a number which they couldn't provide (also have a 1 year old and can barely find 5 minutes to sit on hold on the phone) I just dont understand how I'm supoused to stop this. This bit is just a rant but I dont understand why im still paying for a tariff after the device is paid off when I blocked the sim through O2 2 years ago, sick of spending £20+ a month on a dead sim, and no clear way of getting out of it... I cant just stop payments because they'll block me from the phone I'm currently using, I just dont know what to do🥺
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

@MI5 All sorted @Arj9819 can relax now one less thing to worry about slight_smile

signature

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I'll ask @O2Emma or @Anonymous to help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Evening @MI5 i will pick this up.

signature
Message 3 of 7

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Arj9819 I will need to private message you so can see what we can do .

signature
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Thanks @O2Emma thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

@MI5 All sorted @Arj9819 can relax now one less thing to worry about slight_smile

signature
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Pin on Plastic bottles

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7