cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I speak to a human about my abroad charges?

Rlangley
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went on holiday to Turkey and didn't expect to be paying anything for data as it was advertised on the o2 website that customers get free data in Europe. When I arrived in Turkey I didn't get told I would be charged, I only received a text saying my free data cap is 50mb and to extend this text data unlimited 200. Again no mention of charges. When I arrived (and thought it was free) I used 235mb which cost me £42. I then used 35mb ONCE more a couple days late and have been charged £99.99... my last two bills have come to over £350 and I think its disgusting, I want to find out why and how this is justified and would like to speak to a human being!!!!!!!! 

I seriously regret choosing to switch to o2, the customer service is non existent and I feel they're just out to scam us when times are already hard as it is! 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144804 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Rlangley 

Turkey is not in EU so O2 Travel prices are applicable or standard rates if you don't have travel bolt on.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144804 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Rlangley 

Turkey is not in EU so O2 Travel prices are applicable or standard rates if you don't have travel bolt on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12126 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

If you want to talk to o2 customer services, call them on 202 from your phone or 0344 809 0202 (or 0800 032 1402). 

Best time to call is 8am @Rlangley .

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 123217 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Rlangley 

You talk about O2 scamming you but had you done your homework, you would know that Turkey is NOT in the EU, therefore free travel is unavailable. See Here

Turkey Travel 23.jpg

You could have opted for O2 Travel which you would get with a simple text It would cost you £6.00 per day ON THE DAYS YOU USED IT. You could have used Wifi, plenty of places in Turkey offer free Wifi.

So the fault doesn't lie with O2 I'm afraid.

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4