cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel my contract...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to say but any idea how I can get released from my contract early.

I cant just stop paying them and they will keep my number right!

I need to move away from this unethical bunch of amateurs who refuse to uphold their end of a contract and fix my phone for which they are very happy to take my money for insurance.

They outsource insurance I assume so wont take any responcilility. There is only ONE way to reach these people (Phone).

Minimum of 30 mins wait (4 times a day for the last 5 days)

I have got through twice; 1) Call line was so bad (THEIR END) I could not hear them;. 2 English was persons 9th language I think and communication was shall we say challenging to the point of give up.

Go tho the shop - lets get the whites of eyes and some real service: 1 HOUR before the "attitute" and "like I give a toss" customer service approach of the staff makes me walk out before I punch their lights out (and I am a very laid back person)

Go to the supposed "Complaints" and if I register I will get a call back is 5 working days.... I have no phone!

Simple research suggests I am very far from being unique.

SERVICE is TOTALLY insulting.

**Well done O2 for managing to snap defeat from the jaws of victory. The start of slippery road to destroyoing your own, what was a great brand, to loosing respect amongst so many just from the level of such poor service that is rife "across the business". Perhaps you have engaged the same advisory consultants as Ryan Air and BT.

Another 9 phones on their way to a competitor.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Info on cancelling contracts here. You will have to pay off device though

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Info on cancelling contracts here. You will have to pay off device though

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank for the advice but doesnt really help. The device is broken and not paying them for it for sure...

I am sure they will fix it if I could navigate their incompetent process to get it to someone that will take responcibility for it..

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

If it has failed and covered by warranty you can send it in to O2 or the manufacturer to be repaired. If it's out of warranty you have to pay for the repair (or make a claim) - either way, you still need to pay your contract terms.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Have you tried via the insurance company directly?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats the problem.

I cant get through to them.

As far as direct is concerned they apprear to be o2 but o2 in every other part of the business cant deal with them, wont deal with this or .... so for sure its outsourced or there is another whole level of problem they have with services and connecting dots..

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not sure this will help but all O2 CS services have been down for the last few days..they are back working now so you may want to give them another try....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7