Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Much Will The Call Cost?

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

If I call a local number, for example an 0151 number, and after talking to them, they transfer me to another department, an 0845 number, what do I get charged for the call? Do I get charged for calling just the 0151, just the 0845 number or both?

I tried to Google this but the only results I seem to get are the charges if I just call an 0845 number.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You pay for the call you made , in this case 0151. They can transfer you around the world if they want,but that's not your problem, they have to pay for it.

A good example of this is the huge bills ppl get when they ring 118 numbers and accept to be put trough to the number they just gave them and end up with £20/£30 on a single call, because they rang the 118 number and been charge £1 per minute for the full call and been transfered by them.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleted by me. 

Depends on type of service you are calling. 

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Morning Gemma

I would think when your transferred to the 0845 number those charges would then be incurred.

Maybe someone can confirm.

Usual link http://www.o2.co.uk/help/everything-else/special-numbers

Edit : Thanks Nick for confirming the actual cost. Good to know.
Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I would think if you call an 0151 number...then that is the one you dialled and all you pay for.

If that number transfers you on...they pick it up as @Anonymous has said..

Unless YOU dial an 0800 number from your phone ....you should not be charged

If you check your bills ...I think that will be confirmed...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
The quicker mobile operators include 0800 as free calls the better.

To be honest Gemma I always opt to use the various apps that convert these types of numbers to ones that do come out of my minutes allowances as well as http://www.saynoto0870.com

The alternatives don't always get you to the exact department but typically they are accomadating and transfer you across.
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Cleoriff and @Anonymous

I edited my post as, although I still think it is correct, it may have confused.

For most calls, your call is to the 0151 number therefore any divert is taken by the company you have called. ....

However I then considered some of these numbers you call to obtain cheaper international or 0870 calls whereby you call them perhaps on an 0800 or 01xx number and they connect you on but you still pay them for the call, although I don't think you are charged via your mobile for those calls. I think you have to set up an account and pay them direct.

So edited for clarity (I hope) although it doesn't answer the full question as I think there are variables.
Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks Nick...my reply however, was based purely on the assumption that if you dialled 0151...and THEY transferred you to any combination of 0800 numbers...it was their responsibility to pick up any call costs.

At the end of the day.... you as the dialler had only phoned 0151.. the standard STD number wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally agree @Cleoriff and that is my understanding but telephony is moving on at such a pace.
Message 8 of 13

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Maybe I was not clear in my first post -

I call an 0151 number and they transfer me to a different department (an 0845 number)

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
No I think we all get the question.

It is just there may be multiple answers hence all the posts.
Message 10 of 13