Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrendous treatment

MikeF
Level 3: Thinker
  • 25 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I attempted to change my tariff in January resulting in O2 accidentally disconnecting my Apple Watch, despite numerous phone calls, tweets and registering a complaint I’ve now received an enforcement notice. This is threatening my chances of getting a mortgage and after months of trying to get this sorted my mental health is in the toilet, I just want to speak to somebody who knows what they’re doing but that seems impossible. Three months of hell and being made to look like an idiot in front of my family, does anybody have any way other than by email of reaching the complaints department? I need a letter of deadlock to take this debacle to the ombudsman. 

thanks for reading 

Mike 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122989 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @MikeF 

You have to follow O2's complaints procedure before you can get the Ombudsman involved.

Currently Complaints are talking 8 weeks to respond. https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

All info there re complaints Review service.

Sorry to be so unhelpful.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MikeF
  • 25 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

8 weeks on top of the 12 this has been rumbling on doesn’t surprise me, this company is absolutely shocking 

Message 3 of 9

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

How did you end up with an enforcement notice @MikeF ? 

Did you stop paying ? 

Message 4 of 9

MikeF
  • 25 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My payment schedule was cancelled and I’m being chased for the full amount, I was promised a credit of £11 but it was incorrectly applied and I’m still paying my bill as normal 

Message 5 of 9

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 82 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@MikeF wrote:

8 weeks on top of the 12 this has been rumbling on doesn’t surprise me

The 8 week timeline from complaint first being raised, is industry-standard. It can be shortened if you are deadlocked before.

Message 6 of 9

Oxonian
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@japitts 

I am not sure that @MikeF can be deadlocked before the eight week point if it takes O2 eight weeks to issue their first response ! 👍

Message 7 of 9

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 82 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Well indeed so - if O2 are taking that long for a first response, then unless that response resolves the complaint to the user's satisfaction, everything is already inplace to escalate to ADR immediately.

Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Agreed @japitts👍 

Message 9 of 9