cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi how do I order a new SIM with same number?

Nat1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How do I order a new simcard with my same number on it 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Hi @Nat1
The easiest way is to pop into your local store but you can also call or use live chat.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
In store will provide you a new sim, swap your number and credit if PAYG all in a few minutes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Hi @Nat1
The easiest way is to pop into your local store but you can also call or use live chat.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
In store will provide you a new sim, swap your number and credit if PAYG all in a few minutes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you do get a sim sent to you... then do a sim swap via this route http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If requested via customer services on the phone it will already have your account details on it and will just need a call to activate it.
A sim swap will only be required if you have obtained a blank sim card such as those sent out with all new phones etc.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I rarely challenge you on technical stuff @MI5 Smiley Very Happy...but when my husband moved from PAYG to Contract using the same phone, the sim he was sent wasn't blank and he had to do a sim swap? Was this due to the fact that contract sims are different to payg? #just asking...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, that's due to a change of billing platform being required.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Nat1! How are you doing? smiling Please check the advice above and let us know how you're getting on with the SIM. Any additional questions, please let us know! 

Message 7 of 8

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Nat1

If you're new to O2 or changing your O2 contract, it's easy to keep your mobile number. Take a look here How to keep your mobile number to find out what you need to do. Wave

Thanks so much @MI5 and @Cleoriff for the help heart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 8 of 8