Did you mean: 

Help with options on a phone fault

LsaP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I'm at a loss as to what to do next. My phone dud a software update 3 weeks ago, which crashed the device.

The phone was sent from o2 store to repair centre. And now according to customer services, the shop didn't do the repair correctly and although the repair shop "may have" the device, they can't do anything as the repair ticket isn't right so the repair can't be tracked. 

Customer service can't give me a resolution, they aren't really understanding what they can do. I asked if they can't issue a new phone, or even a refurbished phone out to replace, or just write off my device plan so I can just buy a new phone, but neither of those are options. Meanwhile, I have no phone, and no way of knowing what to do. 

Is there a UK based number for complaints? Can the shop do anything? If I'd broken my phone I'd be kess frustrated, but it went into a constant bootloop straight after a failed software update!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@LsaP 

It's O2's responsibility to sort this out one way or another.

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6782 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

All that we have on O2 complaints procedure

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Regretfully, as customers there is little else we can do

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 11

LsaP
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you both for your replies. It's very frustrating isn't it. I've never had a problem with o2 in all the years I've been with them, but this has certainly made me think for the future. Still no resolution yet, but I have made a complaint now through the details above so I shall see what happens

Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 5 of 11

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6306 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@LsaP 

This is a complete mess, but when you say "...this has certainly made me think for the future", I would urge caution. The customer service of all of the UK networks leaves a lot to be desired, and you can read horror stories like yours on the customer forums of the other networks too. 

If you decide to leave O2, it could be a case of "out of the frying pan and into the fire".  

Message 6 of 11

LsaP
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Agree. I think its more about the type of contract and device I'll get in future, as opposed to provider. I certainly won't pay high amounts for devices anymore.

Message 7 of 11

LsaP
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You would have thought someone could have a simple conversation with me about that, but seemingly not!

Message 8 of 11

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6306 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@LsaP 

I pay reasonable sums for handsets but I always buy them in one-off transactions from the manufacturer.  Fortunately, I haven't had a problem yet and have experienced excellent Customer Service from Samsung.  

Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 10 of 11