cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! Been unable to checkout since iPhone 6S has been available to pre-order

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

This has become increasingly frustrating, I'm trying to upgrade my iPhone 5S to the 6S. I can select the phone, continue to checkout and enter my delivery details but when I try to make the payment it comes up a red message:

'please check the page for the following errors'

and then I scroll down and it says:  

'Sorry, your card payment did not go through. Please select a billing address to retry payment.'

I have enough money in my account, I've tried multiple cards, I've spoken to the bank (who said neither they nor VISA are blocking the payment and it is O2's system that is) and I've spent over an hour on the phone with O2 who had no idea.

It's so frustrating as all I want to do is pre-order it!! Has anyone else had a problem like this? Does anyone know what it could be?

Thanks for reading and let me know if you need more info slight_smile 

Alex

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Check when you enter your card details that there aren't any spaces before the first digit of your card number.
Use backspace to clear any gaps.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Additionally if you keep trying... the system will probably throw up an error message. You may be as well to leave it for another 24 hrs...

Or contact CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah tried that, it's entered correctly and still doesn't work. I've also tried on different browsers and on my Phone instead of Laptop.

Edit: I have been trying since it's been available to pre order so nearly 2 weeks.

Message 4 of 24

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'd call CS then.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I called CS and they had no idea! Was on the phone for over an hour. I have no idea.

Message 6 of 24

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Well I don't know what else to suggest then.
If CS can't / won't help you there's not much else we can do unfortunately.
@Toby any suggestions?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 24

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi Alex,

This sounds like its been difficult! Sorry about that. Feel free to send me a private message where I'll ask for some info and we'll see if there are any issues.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same problem when I was upgrading mine online-I tried a different card just to make sure but kept getting the error messages!  Mine was saying that my card type is not accepted (tried both Visa debit and then a MasterCard!) and there was some other error too. This was when pre-orders opened.

in the end I called cs who took me through part of the order over the phone and emailed me a link to try the payment again, as I wanted it delivered to my work.  It all went through then but I did have to listen to the helpful lady on the phone read through all the t&cs (which I'm sure she was pleased about!😀

Message 9 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It all went through then but I did have to listen to the helpful lady on the phone read through all the t&cs (which I'm sure she was pleased about!😀

I feel sorry for them when they have to do that....who listens? I much prefer to read them... but still they are only doing their job wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 24