Did you mean: 

Have come over from ee and trying to unlock my device

NinaCaputo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

I have come over from ee who gave me the network unlock code to pop in when the sim goes in and then the unfreeze phone unlock code but the device never asked for it once the sim code was put in 🥺
I need to unlock the phone for the sim card to work- my old sim card now isnt working either so I'm rather stuck and I cannot find a way to chat to anyone online?
I need my original number back asap as I have a newborn and have various health professionals calling and universal credit calling soon but the other number? Help anyone? Many thanks
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144625 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions

@NinaCaputo 

I'd suggest you speak to Samsung then https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
  • 123072 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@NinaCaputo 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

You need to contact O2. Borrow a phone, use a landline or Skype.

All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

0800 587 4005 is the number which has the most success in speaking to an advisor.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

MI5
  • 144625 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions

@NinaCaputo 

Put your new O2 SIM in your phone and keep rebooting until it comes online.

It may not be until tomorrow though as posts don't happen over the weekend.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 16

NinaCaputo
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi is this for the unfreeze phone code option? I've had the network one already. Many thanks for your reply. slight_smile
Message 4 of 16

MI5
  • 144625 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions

@NinaCaputo 

I think the phone is unlocked now.. you just need to wait for your number to port across.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 16

NinaCaputo
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
But I didnt ever put the unlock code in from ee 🙈 I'm so awful at all this stuff. Thanks for helping. On ee it has a number you can text to see if a phone is locked or not. Does o2 have this?
Message 6 of 16

MI5
  • 144625 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions

@NinaCaputo 

As it isn't asking for a code it won't be locked.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hows it going with this one @NinaCaputo? Are you OK now or still in need of assistance? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 16

NinaCaputo
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Now cannot use mu phone at all other than WhatsApp calls. O2 taken number over but phone not unlocked so no 4g or network signal and I need a phone to be able to use when out if something wrong as I have a 9 week old baby. Please help
Message 9 of 16

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions