cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone switched handset with switch up?

Scotty_j
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wondering if anyone has switched up yet? Does it involve a new hard credit check each time you switch handset/contract ? On the 13 PM and thinking about going to the 14 PM

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144958 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27782 Solutions

@Scotty_j 

Upgrades on consumer contracts do not get credit checked again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144958 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27782 Solutions

@Scotty_j 

Upgrades on consumer contracts do not get credit checked again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Scotty_j
  • 22 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, it would put me off changing handset if that was the case.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144958 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27782 Solutions

You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Scotty_j
  • 22 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, so I did get credit checked for this. Assuming as I moved from refresh to switch up.

I do think I’ll get credit checked each time I switch up as it’s opening a new credit agreement for the handset?

Fair enough my credit file will show the old agreement closing too but worried this will stop me from using switch up as intended as looks like I’m potentially opening accounts all the time. My score has went down already this month even though it shows the new agreement as opened and old agreement as closed

Message 5 of 9

Scotty_j
  • 22 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have tweeted o2 to ask the question.

Message 6 of 9

Scotty_j
  • 22 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Scott 👋 A credit check will need to be run every time a new contract is taken out.

Bit pointless getting switch up then unless your credit file is great. Need to hope the closing of the old agreement evens out the opening of the new one.

Message 7 of 9

MummyPikachu
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What a pointless way to upgrade. I just started a new contract with O2 but I am disappointed that they will conduct a 'new' credit check as an upgrade path. Considering the competition has much better upgrade paths that don't involve these credit checks I am severely disappointed and wish O2 would put this information on the website before you see it and think 'I can get a new phone whenever I want!'

Message 8 of 9

mobilemandan
  • 48 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Don't worry the credit check isn't a normal one. Unless you owe money you will get accepted. 

Replied in your other thread slight_smile

Message 9 of 9