Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Search for fully paid device and rolling contract

Cak3s
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, so I bought a phone through the O2 shop with a rolling 30 day tariff... Found out they had performed a hard credit search, and I don't fully understand why. I paid for the phone in full (so no credit), and got a rolling 30 day tariff (so no contract) O2 will perform a hard search anyway, to make sure you can what? Pay the phone off??? Nope, already paid... Keep up with the contract... Nope... It's rolling... So... Yeah, O2 do it as standard? 

What is this nonsense? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6622 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

The ways of O2 are like those of the Almighty, past finding out!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Cak3s 

30 day or 12 months, it's still a contract and you would still be able to run up large monthly bills.

Choose PAYG  to avoid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36030 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Perhaps you are confounding 30-day SIM (contract) with this no-contract (so no credit check) offering, @Cak3s - Pay As You Go: Introducing "Rolling Plans" ?

Message 4 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5793 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Perhaps you are confounding 30-day SIM (contract) with this no-contract (so no credit check) offering, @Cak3s - Pay As You Go: Introducing "Rolling Plans" ?

And if you do not want @Cak3s to entrust O2 with your continuous payment method, or if you do not have a bank account, the next step down is :-

Big Bundles: Eveything you need to know – Help and Support | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

I've already explained the reason why, which answers the OP's question.

The credit check has been done now so anything else advised is not going to reverse that.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6