cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Desire APN settings restricted internet on o2, HELP

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im trying to watch the world cup on my desire. But i am having no luck streaming any live channels. on the iphone you can use http://www.tvcatchup.com to do this and on tvcatchup.com forum other htc desire user can view their streams. i have read due to my APN settings i have got restricted web use. Is this true and does anyone no away around this?

"If your HTC Desire is O2 branded, then the reason it won't work is due to the APN you are using. it is using wap.o2.co.uk you should add a new one mobile.o2.co.uk.
It worked a treat, you may want to search the o2 forums for these settings."

Has anyone got these settings?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
go into your internet settings on the desire and swap wap.o2.co.uk over to mobile.o2.co.uk...i would tell you exactly how to do it, but i'm afraid i don't have access to a htc desire atm slight_smile
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow thanks for the quick reply, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to changing settings on these phones. I take it you will have to do more then just change the name around on the apn settings or is it that easy?
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
as long as it displays mobile.o2.co.uk instead of wap.o2.co.uk in the apn settings then you should be good to go slight_smile
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah thanks for the reply, I've got it changed. But still not having any joy trying to stream anything, not sure if it is possible to stream live tv on this phone, theirs a update to Android 2.2 coming up soon where you can install flash 10.1 lite, maybe that will help,

Hey thanks again
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
have you turned the phone off and on again? the new settings should take affect then.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to point out, those are the Pay Monthly settings. As you are a Pay as You Go customer you need to change it to payandgo.o2.co.uk .
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Watch your data usage as the HTC Desire with "Friends Stream" and other 'connected' services will chew through your "unlimited" internet pretty quickly.

It will display streaming video as long as its in a supported format.
Message 8 of 8