Did you mean: 

HELP WITH MY RECENT

Mattmcg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi There. 

I have recently done a early  upgrade and I wanted to make sure I still have my old number when my new device arrives. 

when my device arrives, do I need to put the new sim that comes with it in the phone? 

do I also need to send my old device back? How do I do this? 

thanks 

Matt 

[mod edit: please do not post phone numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mattmcg You can use the same sim you have now, or you can swap it for the new sim that will come with your upgrade if you're in a 5G area and want to avail yourself of that service. Your number will stay the same.

SIM Swap: a mini guide (incl eSim) - O2 Community

Your old phone is paid for, and it's yours to do with whatever you want to do. You can give it to someone who needs a phone, or recycle it and maybe get a little money for it, if it's not too old. Just make sure you clear any of your personal information from the old phone before you part with it. You can Google how to clear and reset your particular phone.

Enjoy your new upgrade.

Flagged to remove the OP's phone number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mattmcg You can use the same sim you have now, or you can swap it for the new sim that will come with your upgrade if you're in a 5G area and want to avail yourself of that service. Your number will stay the same.

SIM Swap: a mini guide (incl eSim) - O2 Community

Your old phone is paid for, and it's yours to do with whatever you want to do. You can give it to someone who needs a phone, or recycle it and maybe get a little money for it, if it's not too old. Just make sure you clear any of your personal information from the old phone before you part with it. You can Google how to clear and reset your particular phone.

Enjoy your new upgrade.

Flagged to remove the OP's phone number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2