Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got an upgrade and 5G keeps dropping

alexsings
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all. I got an upgrade on Friday - IPhone XR to IPhone 13 but after an hour noticed that the 5G would drop out and I had no access to data. I went back to the o2 shop yesterday and they did a sim swap but the same thing happened 

So today i went i went into thr o2 ahop

and they gave me a different handset and still have the same problem 

The only way to rectify is to take the SIM out and put it back in! 

Please help!!

Thanks 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@alexsings 

This is a customer to customer community, not O2.
You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

keniffsims
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi did you get this sorted in the end, exactly the same scenario for my friend and can't seem to get it sorted. thank you 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@keniffsims 

@alexsings 

We've since seen more reports of this issue and it seems the fix is for O2 to reset the account on the system.

Not something the customer can do themselves, so the advice above to contact O2 still stands.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

keniffsims
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks. would really love to know what the problem is so we can say on the phone can you do something to sort it. unfortunately its taken 14 phone calls since before Christmas and a store visit and its still not sorted. everyone on customer services seem to not know what's wrong.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

Lack of any proper training and general apathy @keniffsims 

Ask them to refresh your network connection which involves disconnecting and reconnecting you.

May need to be passed on to tech services as will be beyond the capabilities of most phone agents.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

keniffsims
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks ill give that a try!

Message 7 of 7