Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play

Chaossue
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been in contact with O2 several times now both on the phone and by going into the shop and am getting nowhere which is very frustrating.

I am being billed for 'Digital Products' which i know nothing about, i do not use google play for anything other than extra storage for my email at a cost of 39p a month and yet the charges are in excess of £100 for these digital products they say i am purchasing from Google Play, however  the staff in the shop can find no sign of these on my phone on my phone or connected to my email address other than the 39p.

I have paid O2 for my phone usage for which i have a text message receipt, but refuse to pay the extra for google play as O2 say they cannot help me with anything to do with purchases from Google Play.

I have reported al this to )2 customer services and to the O2 Fraud team and am getting no help or support and now have received a message from O2 saying i am in arrears and they will be limiting my phone usage. How do i move forward without having to pay an extortionate amount of money for products i have not bought and are not showing on my phone?  I am at my wits end!!!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Chaossue 

Speak to Google and see if they can see any charges and where they are coming from.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Chaossue 

Speak to Google and see if they can see any charges and where they are coming from.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Chaossue 

There is nothing o2 can do about this as they just pass on the charges from Google and they are the only ones who look into it for you.

You need to report it to the Google Team ASAP, also log into play.google.com using your Google Account, and then click in the top right hand corner and select payment and purchase history, and then purchase history and then you can see all the purchases made... 

Google are the only ones who can refund you...

You can contact them and they will reply via live chat....  click on the ? in the right hand corner.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Chaossue 

You will also, unfortunately, have to pay your bill to O2.

If you can agree with Google that the charges aren't yours, they will refund you, but in the meantime, you need to avoid further complications with O2.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4