Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 6 wont power on

Elistone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was using my phone when it suddenly went complete power off. its was still powered to over 50% at the time. it wont turn back on tried power and volume up together to reset it, nothing happened. its been plugged in for hours now and still wont turn on. Anybody have any ideas what I should do???

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Elistone 

Sell it for parts and use whatever you get for it to pay off the device plan.

You can then upgrade with O2 or buy elsewhere.

Guide: Upgrading Your O2 Phone 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Elistone 

Fix a Pixel phone that won't charge or turn on - Pixel phone Help (google.com)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Elistone
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

only options not already tried from that help page is take in to official repair partner, which closest to me is over 30 miles away. Or to post in for repair which it said would cost over £300 to repair, which is insane as i only have to pay £150ish to upgrade to new phone at O2 shop

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Warranty is 2 years @Elistone if that applies?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Elistone
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

warranty expired 11 January 2024, balls

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Elistone 

May as well sell it for parts and put the money towards an upgrade, unless you can talk Google into being generous with a warranty repair.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Elistone
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

have taken it to phone repair shop, waiting for phone call with info of if its fixable or not

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Good luck @Elistone 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Elistone
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

*beep!*, they tried a new battery, didn't work they say its a problem with the motherboard itself. So unable to fix it. 

This is the first time I've ever had a phone broken so much that I need a replacement. I am going to buy one online somewhere, but since the handset O2 sold me is unusable do I still have to pay the handset part of my contract or is there something I can do for a discount or something??

Message 9 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Elistone You will need to pay off the handset under the terms of your contract. Whatever happened to the phone isn't O2's fault. How does O2 Refresh work?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 13