cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going from Simplicity to Pay as you go

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I just wanted to double check things. I am going travelling in October and wanted to cancel my Simplicity 30 day rolling contract to go on a pay as you go o2 sim card. 

I rang 202 earlier today and really quickly and easily the guy said that it could done. My next bill comes out on the 8th of August and the new sim should arrive in the next couple of days. The guy then said I had to register it... and then o2 will reimburse me money from the line rental that I won't have used, which according to him should be about 3 weeks worth. He also said I'd only have one more bill to pay.

He said he'd email me some information- about what do to and how it would work, but nothing has come through. 

I'm a little worried I might have not asked the right questions. 

Has anyone else done the transfer? Was it as easy as they say it is...?  Is there anything I should be aware of.

Thanks JM

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 86815 Posts
  • 594 Topics
  • 5061 Solutions

You have done everything you need to do. It is as simple as that. If you pay by direct debit debit I suggest you leave it in place for a further month after receiving your final bill.

I have found when cancelling my wife's Simplicity and transferring her number to P&G that the money you are owed just stays on the account unless you ring them to either have it transferred as credit to your P&G sim or to request a cheque.

2020-Awards-jonsie5695219-2

O2 Social Media

SM Icons(Twitter |
Instagram | Facebook)

5695219-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 86815 Posts
  • 594 Topics
  • 5061 Solutions

You have done everything you need to do. It is as simple as that. If you pay by direct debit debit I suggest you leave it in place for a further month after receiving your final bill.

I have found when cancelling my wife's Simplicity and transferring her number to P&G that the money you are owed just stays on the account unless you ring them to either have it transferred as credit to your P&G sim or to request a cheque.

O2 Social Media

SM Icons(Twitter |
Instagram | Facebook)

5695219-2
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Brilliant, thanks for replying! I hate this kind of thing.

I'll do just that, leave the direct debit running until I leave then I'll cancel it with the bank.

Thanks again, very much!
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 86815 Posts
  • 594 Topics
  • 5061 Solutions

Glad to help, enjoy your travelling slight_smile

O2 Social Media

SM Icons(Twitter |
Instagram | Facebook)