Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giffgaff To O2 Help Anyone

Chris-K
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I’ve just joined o2 got my new sim that’s working fine on the temp number, I wanted to transfer my giffgaff number over to o2 so i got the pac code yesterday and did the form which said my Number would be transferred today, this morning my giffgaff now has no service but my o2 is still on the temp number not the number I wanted transferring? Anyone else had this I’ve tried rebooting the phone etc but it’s working fine just not with the correct number?

Thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

O2Lorna
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 22 Solutions
HI

Sim Swaps are taking longer than usual, you may be waiting a while for it to change over just keep switching the phone off and on.
signature
Message 2 of 8

Chris-K
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
With my giffgaff now no service I’m guessing the numbers left them just not got to o2 yet?
Message 3 of 8

Shiraz21
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm having the same issue. Signed up with O2 and wanted to keep my number from BT. Should have all been done yesterday but not working properly. This morning my phone now ringing and receiving from and to my old BT number, but texts only work to the new O2 sim number.
Message 4 of 8

O2Lorna
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 22 Solutions
looks likely yes.
signature
Message 5 of 8

O2Lorna
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 22 Solutions
The port will be in process it may just take some time to fully activate.
signature
Message 6 of 8

Chris-K
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How will you know when it is done as my o2 sim is working fine just in the new o2 number not the one being transferred
Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145090 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
The new SIM will also lose signal whilst the number ports across.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 8