cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting old mobile number back

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anybody else had this problem? I joined o2 a week ago, my PAC code was 'being processed' the next day, but I have STILL not got my old mobile number back. I am deaf and heavily reliant on my mobile for texting. People are unable to contact me, including my daughter's school.  Surely the number transfer is meant to take 24 hours? I have been promised daily since Friday that my number will be transferred in the next 24 hours - but it is not happening.....

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145337 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27921 Solutions
There have been some problems porting numbers recently but I would have hoped that they would have been resolved by now.
All you can do is to continue to chase CS until they fix it for you or lodge a complaint.
All details on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 145337 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27921 Solutions
There have been some problems porting numbers recently but I would have hoped that they would have been resolved by now.
All you can do is to continue to chase CS until they fix it for you or lodge a complaint.
All details on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23302 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3708 Solutions

As the OP is hearing impaired, their only recourse to customer service is Live Chat, which I doubt would be of much help to them. Perhaps @Toby or @MercedesS could intervene and lend a hand to help get this resolved.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10326 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3030 Solutions
Have you spoken at all with your old network, as it could be them that's holding up the port?

Which network are you coming from?
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am pleased to say that I have finally got my old number back! The frustrating thing was being promised each day that 'everything will be working within 24 hours' and it didn't happen. My case was apparently escalated to the tech or port team each time. It only took 144 hours to get my number back when it should have taken 24.

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 145337 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27921 Solutions
Pleased for a happy ending nonetheless.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are right - live chat, nice as the 4 people were, they would say 'rest assured, it will be fixed in 24 hours' - and it wasn't - so frustrating. At least I am now fixed, 144 hours later....
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 145337 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27921 Solutions

Hopefully last week's system issues are now fixed and everything getting back to normal then.

Incidentally, welcome to the forum.

We have been trying to promote awareness with o2 for the deaf and we have another member @Jenny105 who has been doing some great work.

Why not check out some of her threads and see if you can add some of your own thoughts to them.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for that - I will certainly look into Jenny's posts. I am new to this forum so just learning my way around it!

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 145337 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27921 Solutions
Just ask if you need any help slight_smile

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 11