Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends & Family Discount

Griff_L
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife and I each have Pay Mothly accounts with O2 which we have held for years, and which to simplify billing and payment I have registered both under my account.

My son works for O2 so we are entitled to the Friends & Family discount, which until earlier this year we were receiving, but I noticed this month that the discount was not being given on one of the accounts.

I queried this with someone at the call centre and he told me that if I care to have the numbers under one "umbrella" account then i can only have the discount applied to one of the numbers. 

Is this correct?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144492 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Griff_L 

All covered here Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144492 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Griff_L 

All covered here Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Griff_L
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks MI5.

It is the second of the discount schemes to which I was referring, and the description given in the article in the link you provided, is exactly as I understood it.

It had been working in the way described for a few years, but two months back O2 stopped applying the discount to my account.

I have tried to discuss this with a couple of agents at the call centre but unfortunately neither understood or were particularly helpful.

I will contact again and hope to get through to someone who has a better understanding of the system or request speaking to a manager.

Message 3 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Griff_L 

If you do not get anywhere with Customer Service - the "call centre" - you can message O2 on social media :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

The social media team are quite efficient, but you might need to remind them once or twice - expect a material reply within 72 hours.  

A complete schedule of how to contact O2 is in :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 4 of 5

Griff_L
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am pleased to say that with some assistance from this community's Admin I have now had this issue resolved with my discount being reinstated. 😊

Message 5 of 5