Fraudulent upgrade and package

MrBey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

RE: Default Notice & Bill 

Agreement reference: ms-124418241-001

I am writing to dispute a notice I received relating to a bill for services I have not agreed to. There has clearly been a fraudulent agreement made in my name with Telefonica UK Ltd.

In regards to any agreement, I received a call on the 10th of August 2023 from one of your agents, informing me that I am entitled to a 20% reduction on my bill and due to my many years of being a loyal customer, I will be sent a gift hamper. This was confirmed over the phone and then by email (see below). 

Since then I have not received a bill reduction, my bill in fact has increased and I am now being threatened with a default on my account for a single missed payment on an agreement I have not made. 

I have been an O2 customer for over 10 years and find this action unacceptable. I informed your agent at the time that I would be travelling abroad, so to receive a message from my mother regarding this matter, is very upsetting and causing both of us much stress to fix. 

I am extremely disappointed with the service I have received, considering the many years as an O2 customer without one single missed payment. I, therefore, wish for the credit agreement to be removed from my account and the contract to be removed due to the aforementioned fraudulent agreement created without my consent. 

I received a response from the Correspondance team (O2 Correspondence Team (KMM2141378261V78131L0KM)) and they asked me to contact via the community using this reference: 5764187

Regards

Darren Bey

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Presumably you gave the caller your one time password over the phone despite the warning message preceding it?

O2 will have to investigate fully but the issue is with the length of time they take to do this

It could possibly be months as others have fallen for the same scam

Advice here

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

I'm afraid patience is needed

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Presumably you gave the caller your one time password over the phone despite the warning message preceding it?

O2 will have to investigate fully but the issue is with the length of time they take to do this

It could possibly be months as others have fallen for the same scam

Advice here

I'm afraid patience is needed

Message 2 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

You have fallen Victim to a Scam. It was not O2 phoning you offering 20% off.

Did the person on the phone require a code sent to your phone.

Don't know why you have been pointed to the community as we are all customers and cannot access accounts.

In the first instance read this guide

Contact your bank and inform them so they can keep an eye on your account.

I'm sure other members here will be on with more advice

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 6

MrBey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you both, it was an official O2 agent, with access to my O2 account and not my bank account directly. 

Appreciate the insight will revert back to O2 directly. 

Message 4 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

In that case may have been one of O2's (un) Trusted Partners

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@MrBey 

If you believe that one of O2's "trusted partners" has misled you, a call to your local authority's trading standards department might be a way forward. You will quickly get a flavour as to whether or not they might take the matter forward on your behalf. 

I very much doubt that you were misled by a member of O2's staff, but in case you were, these links might be useful :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

Message 6 of 6