Did you mean: 

Fraud

fitter
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello again

Some of you may remember me from the early part of the year but 02 still wont shut the account and now they will not discuss this with us what so ever as its fraud

All the c/s can do is email the fraud dept who will phone us back which even though we tell hem they dont they insist they will and this has been going round in circles for months.

02 own customer complaints policy states that we need to speakl wit a manager before referring to the ombudsman (as a very last resort) does anybody have any idea how to do this?

Which brings me onto my next question reading a which article on how to do this referal it says i need to find out which one 02 belong too does anyone have any idea who the ombudsman is for 02?

Thanks for any helpo you can give me as its been going on for months and my daughter still has a totally trashed credit score even after promising that will be put right.

If i does go to the ombudsman she will seek compensation for credit searches and other costs associated with this.

Again many thanks for any help on the questions please

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Worried02
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. So I am a victim of ID fraud. I received 2 letters from 3g over a month ago stating DDs had been set up. I never set up these accounts. This led me to check my credit file and i found that Vodafone and o2 carried out searches on my credit file without my permission along with carphone warehouse. I did the usual..reported it to all three networks and experian and equifax. I called o2 about the search and was told to email the amendment team, which I did. No response received so logged a complaint and eventually received a response from the amendment team to email the fraud team. I have emailed both the fraud and complaints teams several times and not received any contact. I then received two letters today enclosing default notices. As you can imagine, this upset me. I emailed a copy of these letters to the fraud and complaints team. I received an automated email from the complaints team stating that someone will return to me in 7 days. Its hard to believe this given that no one from o2 has responded to my previous emails. I also called o2 and was told that the fraudulent account will be sent to the fraud team for a 30 day investigation and that a block will be placed stopping any changes on the account but essentially the fraudster will continue using the number. Having done some research online, I can see that there are alot of people that have experienced the same thing I have. I need to know if there is a quicker solution to this. I worry that the matter will be passed to debt collectors and the matter will never be resolved. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 11 of 16

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Worried02 

I am really sorry to hear of your predicament. 

I am not sure that there is a quicker solution ; the fraud team at O2 have to conduct their investigation. 

Furthermore, because of complications involving criminal law and also money laundering regulations, they will be unable to give you material updates on how the investigation is progressing. 

Message 12 of 16

Worried02
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for getting back to me. I guess I'll have to wait for the 30 day period to lapse. 

Message 13 of 16

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Worried02 

Yes, but if you have not heard by day 31, I would get ready to chase. 

If you need to escalate it, the "Resolver" section of this link will be of use :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Good luck.

Message 14 of 16

Worried02
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone know the correct Ombudsmen so that I can escalate my complaint? 

Message 15 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144462 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Worried02 

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16