Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud

Zuppyq
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, if anyone can please help. There has been a contract taken out with o2 which has been coming from my mother's bank account. She is not currently an o2 customer. When I phoned 02 to enquire about they said they had no record of it and to cancel the direct debit. Now we are at the point of receiving balliff letters. The police and action fraud have not been able to get the information they need regarding the account. We can also not get the information regarding the account as we obviously do not know the email address, password or telephone number of the account.

I have been to the o2 shop in person and on the phone with o2 and they can or will not provide the info needed for the fraud case. Is there anyone who can help shed light on where we can get this information?

Any help would be very grateful.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Zuppyq This is a customer community. Your bank would have the O2 account that's being debited. Have you cancelled the Direct Debit and changed your credit card number? You should also check your mother's credit file record.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Zuppyq 

They wont tell you anything about the fraud, im afraid due to UK financial law, and if it is under investigation, normally Action Fraud (who are the Police) can get the information.

I'm afraid if the police can't get the information then they don't have enough information, in order to trace the account. 

On the letter from the baliffs will be a reference number, ask them to provide the original CCA (consumer credit agreement).  and also there should be an o2 reference number, give this to Action Fraud. Unfortunately if you cant pass the security checks, even with the account number they cant tell you anything due to Data Protection regulations (GDPR etc).

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Maybe @O2Lisa can help in the morning?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

I'll message you privately @Zuppyq and look in to this for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5