Did you mean: 

Fraud investigation

Scotty78
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all.

I'd like some advice if possible. It's a long story but I hope someone can help. 

A couple of weeks ago my partner asked to add me to her account as someone who could access her account and mange it on her behalf. She's a cancer patient and it seemed reasonable to do. 

I got an email invitation and went ahead and filled in the parts needed on the my o2 app. Then I noticed that the my o2 app for my own account was showing my partners name 

I queried this with customer service via the app and they said nothing was wrong and my name was still on the account. 

Suddenly my phone and tablet have been cut off because the case was passed to the fraud department and they won't do anything for 30 day's.

I've been with o2 since it was BT Cellnet and I'm shocked they are doing this to me. I have had zero contact from them about this and only found out what was happening because I called customer services.

I've just missed a hospital appointment I've been waiting for, for 11 months because they couldn't text me the link to the apartment letter.

I'm shocked, disgusted and want to know where I stand.

I've already had to get another sim card with another supplier so I still have mobile data but pretty much everything online is connected to my o2 number. 

What can I do? I assume I'm not expected to pay for the time I'm cut off?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Scotty78 This is a customer to customer community. We have no access to anyone else's account. We cannot help you with regards to that issue. We do know that the fraud department is very slow moving, and there really isn't anything you can do until you're contacted by them.

As you've managed to get a sim from another supplier, I would suggest you try to switch everything important that's connected to your O2 number to your new number, as there's no telling how long the fraud department investigation will take.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Scotty78 This is a customer to customer community. We have no access to anyone else's account. We cannot help you with regards to that issue. We do know that the fraud department is very slow moving, and there really isn't anything you can do until you're contacted by them.

As you've managed to get a sim from another supplier, I would suggest you try to switch everything important that's connected to your O2 number to your new number, as there's no telling how long the fraud department investigation will take.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Scotty78
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply. 

I feared that would be the case after reading posts on here. 

I'm stuck in a contract so I'd guarantee they make me pay up 🥺

Message 3 of 3