Did you mean: 

Fraud On New account

skc2003
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

Wondering if someone can help me with this.

I ordered a new phone and pay monthly plan last Thursday, all was accepted and O2 sent me all the documentation and tracking link.

On friday I try and log into my account and it won't let me in, when I finally do get in my account is missing.  I phone customer services who tell me the account is locked out due to fraud (bear in mind I don't even have the phone or sim as yet) Speaking to customer service they cannot access the account as it's locked, I need to speak to fraud team.  The address details that have been assigned to account is not the one I used on my order even know the bank details are correct.  Fraud won't speak to me because I cannot provide the ID with the address linked to the account.  

So as it stands, O2 are taking the money.  I have no phone or sim, I cannot access the account, customer service cannot access the account or cancel it and fraud won't speak to me either.  So I am complety stuck with paying for something I cannot use.  To make matters worse the fraud team won't even phone you it has to be done over email!!

Does anyone have any suggestions as I have run out of ideas

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36463 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

This guide will help, @skc2003 Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

If you haven't done so already, as O2 advised you your case has been turned over to the Fraud team, you need to contact your bank, and the police. You also need to get back in touch with o2. Numbers are here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support Use the Fraud option to get through. Best time to call is 8 am.

Here are some links you should take a look at too:

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages

Message 2 of 15

skc2003
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for this but it's not a phishing or scam, it's an 02 mistake.

They have assigned the wrong account details to my order, so the phone number they have given me doesn't have my address etc. 

Customer service cannot do anything as the account is locked due to suspected fraud.  The fraud team won't look into it as I cannot give them ID with the right address on.  So O2 are taking the money and no one will speak to me..  I cannot even cancel it as no one will speak to me.. 

If I refuse the order on Tuesday (phone and sim) will that cancel the order?

Message 3 of 15

pgn
  • 36463 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

If you are available tomorrow (Monday) morning, I will tag @O2Sarah- a Forum O2 Account Advisor on from 8am (the Advisors help here during the week and on Saturdays).  It would be better to get the order recalled by O2 from the courier, rather than to refuse delivery, just to be sure, @skc2003.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Did you order the phone directly with O2 or through a cold call or a third party?

Message 5 of 15

skc2003
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It was ordered directly with O2, one of their black Friday deals.. I just cannot understand what or how this has happened. I thought someone may have hacked my account but they didn't change any of the security info.. It's just the name and address.. 

@pgn That would be great thank you. I would get it recalled, the problem is no one from fraud will speak to me and customer services are saying it's locked.. 

Message 6 of 15

pgn
  • 36463 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

Hi @skc2003 - did @O2Sarah- reach out to you earlier?

Message 7 of 15

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@skc2003 I will send you a PM so i can check the status of the account.

Message 8 of 15

skc2003
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @pgn and @O2Sarah- 

Message 9 of 15

pgn
  • 36463 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

Did your issue get resolved with @O2Sarah-'s help,@skc2003?

Message 10 of 15