Did you mean: 

Fell for a fraudulent scam...fraud dept / o2 have not responded to my emails

itssimplyd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I hope someone can assist me.

On 14.01.22 my phone was compromised and I couldn't make or receive calls/messages.

I reported it to the fraud dept. and since then they have barred and deregistered my account no. as well as blocked my phone so I am not able to use a new sim.

I have been unable to speak to anyone above customer services who continuously tell me to email their fraud dept. which has proved fruitless.  During my phone compromise, costly messages were sent and my bill is 10 times higher than usual which I have informed o2 that I will not be paying.

Is there a number/email that I can contact that is not customer services or complaints review as neither one of them has responded to my situation?

Regards

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

Unfortunately you need to give the fraud team time to complete their investigation and they generally don't rush.

Unless you had taken steps to secure your device, or report a loss within 24 hours, you will be responsible for the additional charges.

Not what you want to hear, I know, but you just need to wait I'm afraid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

itssimplyd
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for responding, do you have any idea of how long their investigation takes as I reported it on the day?  I saw a statement where o2 say they will acknowledge your email etc. and in my case, that isn't true.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@itssimplyd 

What email address did you use?

The fraud team aren't customer facing so there's no way to contact them directly afaik.

It has to be escalated by CS.

I'll ask @O2Lisa to see if she can help speed things up for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

itssimplyd
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I used a personal email account.  Yes I have been told that, it's just one of those frustrating things when you don't have a landline and the mobile is THE most important device you have and I just feel as though I'm being suspended mid-air.

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Message 5 of 6

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5.

@itssimplyd I'll message you privately and look in to this for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6