Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty device replacement, really disappointed

SA12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

purchased a device from A2 in my preferred color and took good care of it. However, after only six months of use, it unexpectedly stopped charging. I sent it in for repair, and their response was that the device couldn't be fixed. Instead, they are sending me a replacement device, which is not only in an undesired color but is also a used device with a significantly reduced battery life. My concern lies in the fact that I am being offered a refurbished device when the fault initially originated from a technical issue with their product. It's a matter of principle – why should I have to accept a refurbished device that doesn't match my color preference when the fault was, in essence, the company's responsibility? Is this an equitable solution?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@SA12 

You can refuse the device and wait for the colour you want but it will still be refurbished as per the T&C's.

Your device is no longer new either.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@SA12 

Have you got the replacement device ? 

You say that it will be a "....used device with a significantly reduced battery life" but do you know that ?

Refurbished devices can be quite reasonable, and as @MI5 suggests, you could have a long wait for a different colour. 

You ask if this is an equitable solution ? It is in line with the T&Cs, so whilst it might not seem to be just and reasonable to you, I think that a court of law would say that O2 have fulfilled their legal obligations. 

I hope the refurbished device exceeds your expectations.   

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@SA12 

The T&C's are part of the agreement that you signed up for.

They include this statement:

If the fault is covered by the warranty, we’ll fix it. And if for any reason we can’t fix it, we’ll arrange for a replacement device from our fully refurbished stock.
If we can’t provide an exact replacement (e.g. if your device is no longer in production), we’ll provide an alternative device of the same or higher specification. We’ll aim to repair and return your device within four working days of receiving it, but it may take longer if your repair is particularly complicated.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4