cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Bolt ON

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone aware that if you take this bolt on and any number you try adding is a Carphone Warehouse O2 number you can not add it, this has resulted in numerous calls to O2.
They have said that If I called the CPW they would transfer the O2 CPW contract to O2 for free, however CPW said they would want the contract paid up in full at £25.00 for 10 months.
I am awaiting a response from O2 as on the T&C's it does not mention this to be an issue.
Will post the response when I get it, if anyone else is experiencing issues please add to this.

Wayne
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sorry you're having this problem, don't know how you would go about getting it sorted but I never understood WHY there had to be a separate CPW and O2 billing system, surely if you sign up at the CPW it should just go direct to O2's billing system, like with any other agent? But hey, maybe there are stronger forces at work that I don't understand!
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
As far as I understand it O2 bill CPW for network use by their customers.

CPW then bill you in turn so thats why the number is effectively allocated to CPW.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone aware that if you take this bolt on and any number you try adding is a Carphone Warehouse O2 number you can not add it, this has resulted in numerous calls to O2.
They have said that If I called the CPW they would transfer the O2 CPW contract to O2 for free, however CPW said they would want the contract paid up in full at £25.00 for 10 months.
I am awaiting a response from O2 as on the T&C's it does not mention this to be an issue.
Will post the response when I get it, if anyone else is experiencing issues please add to this.
Wayne

Hiya, im on just a standard o2 pay and go simcard, i have the faimly bolt on, and i have added my brother whos on o2 contract from cpw, first it said Pending addition when i added his number, then after about 12hrs he got a txt sayin hes been accepted successfuly to my family. so im not sure why you are having problems.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
It depends when the contract with CPW dates from. Recently, the billing is direct with O2. Prior to this CPW billed seperately.

It used to be the case with other retailers, for example phones4U were billed through Singlepoint rather than the operator.
Message 5 of 5