Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Credit Check

Meg6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I applied for a contract as a new O2 customer on 31/10/22 but failed the credit check but wasn't sure why.

The next day I went on to O2 chat and was advised to call Equifax to check my credit report. I did this and had a credit report done and they advised I have a very good credit score and would pass all 4 elements that O2 look at when running the check. Under searches on my credit report I noticed that for the O2 search my DOB was showing incorrectly by one digit (must have been a typo!) so assume this is what caused it to fail.

When I went back to the chat agent they said it would be fine to go through the process and try again... it failed again on 2/11/22

Whenever I speak to someone in sales they just try to take me through the process of setting up a new contact again but I don't want to risk a 3rd failed attempt on my record! Equifax advised that I should ask O2 to do a manual check and send them my credit report... but when I say this to someone at O2 they said that doesn't exist?

I'm really confused and don't want to try again until I have clear answer on how long to wait or what to do next to prevent any further failed checks. I emailed O2 credit referrals on 2/11 but have had no response.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated, thanks!  

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6730 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

The DOB would cause problems

You can change your contact details, including date of Birth by calling Customer Services or using social media

Additional

You can see what date of birth they hold for you at present in My O2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6730 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

The DOB would cause problems

You can change your contact details, including date of Birth by calling Customer Services or using social media

Additional

You can see what date of birth they hold for you at present in My O2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

Meg6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I never had an O2 account until today when I made one to post here. Would they still have an incorrect dob listed for me somewhere in their system? 

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10259 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Meg6 

I wouldnt do anymore credit checks as these will affect your credit file. 

Equifax I am afraid are talking rubbish,as o2 dont look at the consumer report, but at your credit file as well over services

And o2 (any creditor) wont tell you why you failed the credit / affordability checks, and also remember that o2 can decided who to do business with.

I would just move on and try elsewhere..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4