cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRUSTRATED NEW CUSTOMER

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am at my wits end with O2 and I only placed my order yesterday! Ordered a ipad 2 air yesterday, no upfront cost £46per month. Came back saying due my credit history I would need to pay £75. Don't get paid till tomorrow so chatted with O2 several times to confirm if this would still be available tomorrow, they said yes , just log in and finish the order. Managed to get the cash today, chatted with them again to ask how I should proceed as there was no details of the order to finish. They said go ahead and place a new order. I did this and got an order number but when I followed the link in the email it told me they had to review the order and I would be contacted within 24hours. I cant understand why another credit check is being done when they did one yesterday. I spoke to the credit line who said they were really busy , he couldnt see any details of the order I placed yesterday and this one today was waiting for credit check. I wasn't happy with this and called back again. I spoke to someone else who said it wasn't waiting for credit check it had been passed to the fraud team!! He also said it may be because of two orders being placed even though they told me to do it. I cant speak to the fraud team, they will email me. What fraud checks can they possibly do by emailing me. I can't believe how frustrated I am already. I have spent the last two days checking emails and chatting with O2. Anyone got any advise please.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We would have advised that you go in store if you had come here first. This is just pretty typical of o2 at the moment sadly.
Outsourced CS has gone right down the drain!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sadly yet again this shows poor communication skills...and computer saying NO because of the 'two' orders placed.....Destroy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Sadly yet again this shows poor communication skills...and computer saying NO because of the 'two' orders placed.....Destroy

We used to hear a lot of cases about stuff being ordered fraudulently from the O2 shop, I guess the in-built shop security flashes up multi-purchase attempts.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 16

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It seems there are too many unknowns buying online to me and I would always advise to go instore. Unfortunately not all deals are available instore but at least you know if a device is in stock and you get an instant decision on any credit check needed. I can however understand security being stepped up after the problems reported on here over the years, @perksie himself being a victim.

Message 5 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I can certainly understand the need for extra security if this is the case. The point being that the OP was given false information when they were advised to try again... It isn't too much to expect that O2 staff would ALL be able to flag this as a problem instead of some knowing and others totally clueless ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 16

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm guessing the churn of agency staff and outsourced staff makes ongoing training difficult but simply not making notes on an account is deplorable.

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The price you pay for cost cutting....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke to customer service today , who spoke to fraud team. They said they still need a couple more hours to do some further checks! They did not want to speak to me , what checks are they doing when they don't want to speak to me. Been told to wait until two o'clock and I will have an email. Thought this would be resolved this morning but no such luck.

Message 9 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Spoke to customer service today , who spoke to fraud team. They said they still need a couple more hours to do some further checks! They did not want to speak to me , what checks are they doing when they don't want to speak to me. Been told to wait until two o'clock and I will have an email. Thought this would be resolved this morning but no such luck.

Good luck with this. Please let us know how you get on. I hope it is resolved asap wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 16