Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Account, Bills sent to my name for number i don't recognise

Sebs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have several accounts for family  but I have just noticed that I am paying for another account for a number I don't recognise.

I tried to contact o2, but my address, bank details and amount of the last bill aren't enough information to pass security checks so I can't access the account to cancel it.  I have spoken to several customer services representatives.  One told me that they couldn't access my account to cancel it and their supervisor wasn't going to tell me anything different and since I had been paying it for some time I had to carry on paying it forever essentially. Another one couldn't access the account and hung up on me and a third did access the account through my actual account, said he could see another email address on the account that wasn't mine.  said he'd explain to someone who could help me to cancel the account.  But when he put me through to this person, this person said something racist about Indian people and then hung up.  No-one has got this far again.

So the issue is, I have an account number which relates to a phone I can't access and which sends a security code to an email I'm not aware of but which sends me a monthly bill and is linked to a direct debit on my account.  I accept that I should have been more aware of this so am not requesting money back for the time I have been paying for it, but would like to stop paying for it. I have a unique transaction reference from my bank.

Have looked on this forum and see people recommending contacting customer support but this page is not helpful in terms of finding an email address to write to

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36043 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

No email for O2 CS, @Sebs - but you could get further with Social Media, links for 3 ways (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) just below. Do poke them every so often, it can take 2 or 3 days for them to actually engage with you. The advice you were given to "keep on paying" clearly reprehensible, @Sebs. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
  • 36043 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

No email for O2 CS, @Sebs - but you could get further with Social Media, links for 3 ways (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) just below. Do poke them every so often, it can take 2 or 3 days for them to actually engage with you. The advice you were given to "keep on paying" clearly reprehensible, @Sebs. Good luck!

Message 2 of 7

Sebs
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks,

Tried customer service one last time and actually got through to someone who helped me so this is now cancelled

Message 3 of 7

pgn
  • 36043 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Great news, @Sebs - persistence, again, though. Hardly Customer "Service" 🙄

Message 4 of 7

Sebs
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks,

Just trying to work out how to ask for a refund for this account that was likely mis-sold and definitely never used

Message 5 of 7

pgn
  • 36043 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

I saw that post - again, do that through the Social Media channels as above. My refund story (a relatively paltry sum) here. here: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Web-Top-Up-not-recognising-a-valid-O2-P...

You are not the only one to have been caught by that VM unused account that comes across to O2 as an active cost - and I am unsure how many have successfully negotiated refunds or how much was refunded, @Sebs.

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Sebs wrote:

Just trying to work out how to ask for a refund for this account that was likely mis-sold and definitely never used

@Sebs 

You could try the O2 complaints' procedure :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

There are currently lengthy - up to eight weeks' - delays in O2 investigating and responding to complaints. However, as you have already resolved the issue for the future, I assume that you would no longer regard this matter as being time-critical ? 👍 

Message 7 of 7