cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expensive iPod touch!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I upgraded my phone on Sunday at carphone warehouse and was told that O2 are really efficient and my number will have probably transferred over by the time I got home. It's now been 3 days!!!! and I am still using my old phone. I went on that chat thing for assistance on monday teatime and was told that it had been sorted and would be done in 24 hours. Guess what still not done but I have already received a bill for my new increased tariff!
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe nipping to an o2 shop where they have blank SIM cards ,and ask them to perform the swapmysim procedure in store for you.

Typically the return of services should be within an hour or so to approximate 24 hours. And by turning the phone off and on helps services reset.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Just use the online swapmysim service on the o2 website it should take no more than 24 hours. http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried this. Doesnt work saying it does not recognise sim number. I have now tried too many times and cannot attempt this again until tomorrow!!!!
Message 3 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Have you spoken to o2 on 202 live chat is a waste of time for this service

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe nipping to an o2 shop where they have blank SIM cards ,and ask them to perform the swapmysim procedure in store for you.

Typically the return of services should be within an hour or so to approximate 24 hours. And by turning the phone off and on helps services reset.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Manger to speak to a human being at O2 who said it was a carphone warehouse problem. Spoke to carphone warehouse who inturn called O2 and basically I have to go to an O2 store for a new sim card. Unhappy as it's a pain to get to the O2 store
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I said its probably the cleanest way of solving the issue.

And get them to sim swap in the o2 store for you.

Good luck.
Message 7 of 7