Did you mean: 

Exchange policy

EXDosis
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I am hoping someone here may be able to provide me with some clarity, as I have had anything but so far.

I purchased a phone online on the 13th which turned up on the 21st on a 36-month contract basis. I got the new Phone (1) from NOTHING and immediately noticed the display has a green gradient tint that is especially visible at low brightness. I took it into my local O2 store to ask for advice and to show them, but the advisor was unable to see what I was talking about and suggested that if I send it in as faulty, they will likely just send it back as it's not immediately obvious. Something he suggested as something of a loophole is that I take advantage of the 14-day "change-of-mind" policy and just ask for the same model again, but I was told he's not sure if asking for the exact same model is allowed within the terms and conditions and that I would need to find out first.

Upon some further Googling, I found that this green tint issue seems to be a manufacturing issue that affects a small number of units, but is still relatively common as they are a new company. Given all of this information, the questions I have are as follows:

1) Am I able to use the 14-day cooling off period for this purpose?
2) Am I still within my 14 days given that I placed the initial pre-order on the 13th

3) How long will I need to wait for them to send a replacement once I've posted my phone back to them if I am to do this? (I can't find ANY info on this)

I regret pre-ordering in the first place and should have just waited until the 21st and picked up in-store as I could have had a same-day replacement.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@EXDosis 

They send DPD or UKMail with a replacement and you swap it there and then.

The courier will bring all the paperwork and packaging, you just need to put your name, address, account number and any reference number on a slip of paper to be packed with the old device.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@EXDosis 

No, you can't use the 14 day exchange for the exact same phone, but you could select the other colour.

Otherwise, contact O2 to return it as faulty and they will send a brand new replacement within the first 28 days.

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

EXDosis
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 for the super quick reply! I thought that may be the case. I assume they won't send a replacement until they have received the old phone first, right? Not sure how long I will need to be without a phone for in this case. What would happen if the fault is too minor for them to see? I'm aware that it's not obvious unless you look closely, but it's enough to be distracting to me and is considered a fault by the company.

Also if I am unlucky enough to get another unit affected with the same defect, will they replace it for me again?

Sorry for all of the questions and thanks again!

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

In the case of a faulty phone O2 normally do a doorstep exchange meaning you won't be without a phone except for the initial setup of the exchange

A faulty phone is a faulty phone and will be treated as such within 28 days so an exchange can be dealt with as exactly the same as the initial exchange

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@EXDosis 

They send DPD or UKMail with a replacement and you swap it there and then.

The courier will bring all the paperwork and packaging, you just need to put your name, address, account number and any reference number on a slip of paper to be packed with the old device.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

EXDosis
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @jonsie ! Is this 28 days from my INITIAL order? Or 28 days from whenever each model is delivered?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I'm covered as this seems to be a common issue with this model.

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Its from the initial order

After the first 28 days it becomes a warranty repair

Message 7 of 7