Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Laptop

Harryblake12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently ordered and received a laptop with o2 on a three year pay monthly contact, i have decided  that i would like the pro version of the laptop i ordered and would like to know how i go about doing a exchange of device as I've still got 1 week left with the cooling off period. i have spoken to o2 via live chat and over the phone both do not seem to be much help with is topic. o2 have basically said i would need to return the laptop and have it undergo an inspection which I'm fine with and then they will cancel my upgrade. My main worry is that if they go ahead and cancel my upgrade that i would not pass my credit check again as they said they would need to check credit again (even though on the website it states that they would not need to do another credit check) is there no way I could get confirmation that ill be able to upgrade to the device i want if i went ahead with the returning process as i don't want to return this device and not passing the check and end up with nothing.. I'm unsure what to do as i do not want to be stuck in contract with a device im unsure of? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144487 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Harryblake12 

What you have been told is correct.

Everyone gets credit checked these days.

You should wait at least a month before applying again.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Harryblake12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So there is a chance of me returning this and not being accepted again? even though I passed in the first place doesnt seem fair?

Message 3 of 9

Harryblake12
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Also one of the agents said i could add the laptop i want on a new line and then return my current laptop but for me to do this it says i have to pay a deposit of like £400 something is there not a way for this to be waived as i only want to end up having one line open with them? 

Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Harryblake12
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thank you for your reply, i understand there will be another credit check im just unsure if i will pass again with me just getting this contact that i would like to return do you know if this have an effect on me passing another credit check?

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144487 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Like I said, wait a month and you should be OK.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Harryblake12
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So i would return this device wait a month and the apply again?

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144487 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Correct @Harryblake12 

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9