Did you mean: 

Esim query for iPhone/watch/ipad

Dank1984
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all,

I’ve got the following devices: iPhone 12 Pro, iPad Pro and Apple Watch Series 7, all of which have Esim capability. I’ve tried to do some research but I’m really confused about Esim and I’m not sure it offers what I need - I was hoping someone here could kindly offer some clarification!

I would like to have cellular capability on the iPhone and watch (iPad too if possible) and presumed that if I took out a Pay Monthly contract with O2 I could then install the Esim plan on each device? So in essence I would pay my flat monthly contract fee (£20 for arguments sake) and then whatever the additional charge for additional Esim installations on each additional device are (£5 or something in that region?) Is this right? So if I wanted to do all 3 I would pay (using my prices above) £30 (£20 contract plus two lots of £5 for additional Esim)

Finally, would I need to have a physical SIM in my phone or would all 3 devices run on Esim?

Thank you, and sorry for the incomprehensible ramblings, hopefully someone can make sense of it!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Dank1984 

You can add cellular capability to the watch assuming you have a pay monthly sim on o2 in your iPhone.

This is the £5 extra charge per month.

For the iPad you need a separate data sim.

Choices here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=tablet&contractLength=P12M 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Dank1984 

You can add cellular capability to the watch assuming you have a pay monthly sim on o2 in your iPhone.

This is the £5 extra charge per month.

For the iPad you need a separate data sim.

Choices here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=tablet&contractLength=P12M 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Dank1984
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @MI5 😁

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You're welcome mate

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4