Did you mean: 

Error message: "SIM not provisioned for voice"

fj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I got my new o2 sim yesterday -I was able to speak to someone via the online chat system who said it will take one working day for my number to be transferred. However, this morning I see the notification "SIM not provisioned for the voice" and that I can make Emergency Calls Only. It doesn't look like my number has transferred yet either. Any help on how I can rectify this? Or is this a network issue?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123015 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@fj 

There was a network issue for voice yesterday. It was still ongoing last night. Although O2 stated this at 7am this morning...

The issue which impacted some of our customers' voice calls has now been resolved and we are seeing service levels return to normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor the situation. We apologise for any inconvenience.

The status now is showing as all ok https://status.o2.co.uk/ 

I would keep rebooting you phone and if nothing happens by mid morning then give O2 a call

All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123015 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@fj 

There was a network issue for voice yesterday. It was still ongoing last night. Although O2 stated this at 7am this morning...

The issue which impacted some of our customers' voice calls has now been resolved and we are seeing service levels return to normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor the situation. We apologise for any inconvenience.

The status now is showing as all ok https://status.o2.co.uk/ 

I would keep rebooting you phone and if nothing happens by mid morning then give O2 a call

All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12080 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
It is just because number transfers are taking longer than normal.
If the old sim has stopped working then the transfer is in progress and you need to keep turning the phone off and on.
Be aware that texts are the last thing to start working so they work last.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 3