cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 08 Apple Watch Series 8 - no one at o2 can help!

Hez
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Day 5:

We’re setting up your Apple Watch on the O2 network and we’ll text you when it’s all done. If you don’t receive a text within 24 hours, call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 08.

3 o2 shops, phone calls into 202 no one has done anything to help. I’ve unpaired the Watch, restored from back up and set up as a new watch!

help please :,(

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

CaveTroll
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6306 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@CaveTroll 

Great, so pleased that you are sorted ! 🤔 

Message 22 of 32

CaveTroll
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

😭 spoke too soon. I’ve managed to exchange the reference code 08 error to the tariff now being stuck “activating”…

Message 23 of 32

Oxonian
  • 6306 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@CaveTroll 

Has it finished "activating" ? 

And was the outcome "active" or "inactive" ?  

Message 24 of 32

CaveTroll
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still stuck on activating. Apple have done a hardware diagnostic and confirmed it’s all working fine. They even offered to swap the watch just to prove that it is an O2 issue.

Message 25 of 32

CaveTroll
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve thrown in the towel and returned the watch to Apple for a refund. Their service couldn’t be more different to O2!!!

Message 26 of 32

Oxonian
  • 6306 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@CaveTroll 

Not an Apple user myself but my dealings with Samsung have been similarly positive. 

It's a shame that didn't work out for you but I fully understand your frustration.   

Message 27 of 32

S4NY4
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How did you resolve this as i am facing the same issue and its so frustrating Error code 08 on my apple watch series 9

Message 28 of 32

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36439 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@S4NY4 wrote:

How did you resolve this as i am facing the same issue and its so frustrating Error code 08 on my apple watch series 9

Since the post you replied to was written, an Activate Apple Watch Guide was written - see if that helps you move forward - you will need to talk to O2 for some errors, either via 202, via Social Media (link just below has the ways) or an O2 Shop, with some valid photo id in your hand, @S4NY4 

Message 29 of 32

carwynf
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @pgn,

What resolved my issue with 08 code was to unpair the Apple Watch, call 202 and request a replacement eSIM for the iPhone (if you have plastic Sim transfer to eSIM) active it via QR code. Once activated pair the Apple Watch with the iPhone. I was able to set up airtime plan again. Hope this helps?

Message 30 of 32