Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 08 Mobile Data Apple Watch

UnhingedLegion
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received a text from O2 stating “We've connected your Apple Watch Airtime Plan. If you have any questions or need help visit www.o2.co.uk/watch-help”

After selecting ‘set up mobile service’ in the Apple Watch App I receive the error message “We’re setting up your Apple Watch on the O2 network and we’ll text you when it’s all done. If you don’t receive a text within 24 hours, call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 08.”

I have an iPhone with a monthly contract sim. 

I have iData enabled on my account. 

I have a direct debit in place to pay my bill. 

Please can someone help me to resolve this issue. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

UnhingedLegion
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just wanted to add that I’ve had the text saying it’s all set up. 

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144472 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27683 Solutions

@UnhingedLegion 

This is a customer to customer community, not O2.
You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Were you able to get in touch with O2 about your watch @UnhingedLegion?

Message 4 of 9

UnhingedLegion
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Breanna.

I have called numerous times, but the agents don’t understand what I’m explaining. One agent nearly cancelled my contract due to misunderstanding. 

Message 5 of 9

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Are you able to contact them on social media? That might avoid misunderstandings. Obviously that shouldn't be the case, but that may be your best option.

Message 6 of 9

Lien1735
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same problem that’s been ongoing since the 31st May 23. I have contacted 02 via live chat, and 13 phone calls totalling over 8hrs and I’m still no further forward. I have received two issue report numbers and 3 separate complaint reference numbers and no one is contacting me either from the technical dept or the complaints dept. I even submitted a timeline email complaint to the 02 email complaintreviewservice@o2.com on 23rd July and apart from receiving the acknowledgement email saying they be in touch within 7 days, I’ve still not been contacted! This is an absolute appalling service from 02 to the point that I’m now going to take it to the Ombudsman service. I’m also going to see about ending my contract early with 02 (with no cost to myself) as they have failed on every level of customer support and care. I didn’t pay £550 for an Apple Watch that I can’t use for the purpose it was purchased for. 02 should be prosecuted by Ofcom for failing all the other people who are having similar problem with activating their Apple Watch and the appalling non service from 02.

Message 7 of 9

Blu3
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm 100% with you on that one, you've been having the problem much longer than me, how you've maintained your sanity since May 31st I have no idea, im about 3 weeks deep and like you said, they have absolutely no idea what they're doing and i'm losing my mind with this. 202 is absolutely useless, nobody has any clue what you're talking about, i've tried every bloody troubleshooting tip i've seen from thousands of posts on here, social media teams reply once a week with no useful information & there is literally no way out / solution to this it seems.

The only form of support anybody seemed to get was from O2 staff in these forums, who actually seemed clued in on how to fix this, but as of about 3 weeks ago, they all got the boot due to, and i quote "the team no longer have the bandwidth to cover the community"; so it seems as if the one ray of hope to fix this issue has been vaporized from existence.

I spent 4 hours today getting passed around on 202 all day just to FINALLY be connected to the right person who simply kept repeating "you need to set up cellular through the watch itself", while i explained a billion times that that's EXACTLY what i've been doing, at which point he just went quiet and i gave up trying to explain, as he clearly had zero clue of how to move forward. i've been with O2 since around 2009, and it truly upsets me to see that when you actually need help with something, you're more likely to get it from a brick wall than the supposedly "trained" staff here. I'll be joining you in making a complaint to the Ombudsman Services & most likely switch over to EE. Glad to see i'm not the only one sick to my core with how this company operates. 

Message 8 of 9

Lien1735
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Quick update
It’s now 14 weeks and it’s still not sorted out despite it going to the Complaints Review Service who are just as bad. It’s now in the hands of the Communications Ombudsman who are awaiting O2 to upload their evidence in order for them to investigate mine and O2s evidence before they make a judgement.

i’ve also reported O2 to the Information Commissioners Office for a breach of GDPR as I put a Subject Access Request in on 23 July and they’ve still not supplied the information and it’s now 44 days since I submitted it. They are required to within 30 days under the Regulations.

I’ve also reported them to Ofcom for the appalling service.

I also want to be released from my mobile contract at no financial penalty to myself in order to be able to sign up to another provider so I can used my phone and watch as intended when they were purchased.

if anyone is having the same problem, I would advise you to go down the route I have as O2 are not bothered about it’s customers.

Anyone thinking of signing up to O2 is advised not to as once they have you signed up, they don’t care if you have a problem and won’t support you.

Message 9 of 9